Nigeria

Boko Haram Hacks to Death Dozens, Including Scores of Christians; Continues Forcing Young Girls to Carry Out Suicide Bombings

Boko Haram has killed dozens of people, including many Christians, in a slew of separate attacks carried out in raids on villages in Nigeria in the past week. The U.N. has said that the Islamic terror group continues forcing women and young girls to carry out its suicide bombings.

Morning Star News reported that Boko Haram's raids in Adamawa state have killed at least 29 people, most of whom are believed to have been Christians. Last week the jihadists hacked to death 10 Christains with machetes in Pambula-Kwamda, a Christian community in Adamawa's Madagali Local government Area.

Topic: 
Location: 

Boko Haram releases beheading video reminiscent of Islamic State

Abuja, March 03, 2015, Reuters:
Boko Haramia's Islamist sect Boko Haram released a video purporting to show it beheading two men, its first online posting using advanced graphics and editing techniques reminiscent of footage from Islamic State (IS). AP file photo
Nigeria’s Islamist sect Boko Haram released a video purporting to show it beheading two men, its first online posting using advanced graphics and editing techniques reminiscent of footage from Islamic State (IS).

Topic: 
Location: 

Newsflashes from the Persecuted Church

Posted on November 12, 2014 by Janelle in Countries, Stories


Nigeria: Open Doors Worker Reports ‘Grievous’ Suffering

Isaac*, an Open Doors researcher for Nigeria, has just returned from visiting a few Christians who have fled in the wake of Boko Haram’s capture of the city of Mubi on Oct. 29. The attack on Mubi has been a huge blow to these local Christians. Witnesses told Isaac how Boko Haram ordered the Christians that were trapped in Mubi to embrace Islam or be ready to die. “The Lord gave many of them the grace to stand strong,” reports Isaac.

Location: 

Gunmen torch churches, kill scores in Nigeria


BAUCHI, Nigeria — Suspected Islamic extremists sprayed gunfire at worshippers and torched four churches on Sunday in a village just miles from the town where more than 200 schoolgirls were kidnapped, witnesses said.
At least 30 bodies have been recovered, but more are turning up in the bushes, where people tried to escape from Kwada village, said a member of a vigilante group that has had some success in repelling attacks.“They killed dozens of people and burned houses after attacking worshippers,” survivor Mallam Yahi told The Associated Press by telephone from Chibok town, to which he escaped.
Some of the church buildings destroyed included the Protestant Church of Christ in Nigeria, the Pentecostal Deeper Life Bible Church and Ekklesiyar Yan’uwa, which is Hausa for Church of the Brethren in Nigeria, Yahi said. The last was started by American missionaries from Illinois in the 1920s.
Yahi said the attackers went on to neighboring Kautikari, where they gunned down villagers and burned down homes.The vigilante said they had not yet reached Kautikari so did not know what the death toll was there.
PPolice spokesman Gideon Jubrin said he could not confirm the attack because bad communications have kept officials from reaching the nearest security post at Chibok, though Associated Press reporters were able to make cell phone calls to the town.Chibok is the town in northeast Borno state from which more than 200 girls were abducted in April. Officials say 219 girls remain captive. Kwada is six miles and Kautikari four miles away.

Location: 

Pages